Updated: Jul 8
First of all wish you all a very Happy World Baking Day. Baking is a great stress buster for many of us. Mixing delicious ingredients and seeing the labour of our hard work rise beautifully in the oven is a joyful moment. But the best moment has to be when they taste scrumptious and our loved ones cannot stop eating the baked goodies.
Today I am going to share a very easy, yummy and nutritious muffins recipe. This is completely refined flour and sugar free. Dates are used as sweetener and walnuts add a crunch to the muffins. You can even substitute walnuts with cacao nibs or chocolate chips if you prefer a chocolatey taste in your muffins.
This recipe uses the most basic ingredients that are available in most of our pantries. And these muffins require minimum effort and time. Hence anybody could whip up healthy and tasty dessert in a very short period of time. And guess what, this can be given to toddlers and babies. My 12 months old son enjoyed the muffin thoroughly.
Prep time - 15 mins
Cook time - 20 mins
Total time - 35 mins
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
2 tbsp coarsely crushed walnuts
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp pureed dates
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup warm milk
1. Preheat the oven for 15 mins at 180 degree Celsius.
2. Line a muffin tray with muffin liners and keep aside.
3. In a grinder add pitted and chopped dates. Pulse them until you get a coarse paste.
4. In a bowl add oil and the pureed dates. Mix well until the dates and oil form a homogeneous mixture.
5. Add milk, vanilla essence and mix well until you get a smooth consistency.
6. In a clean and dry bowl, add whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Mix gently with a whisk and keep aside.
7. Add the dry ingredients to the wet oil, milk and dates mixture. Fold gently until everything is combined well. Do not over mix.
8. Add the crushed walnuts. Gently mix once.
9. Fill the muffin liners with the batter and tap them gently once.
10. Place the muffin tray in the preheated oven and bake for 20 mins at 180 degree Celsius.
11. Check if the muffins are baked properly by inserting a skewer or toothpick into the muffin. If the toothpick comes out clean, then muffins are done otherwise bake for some more time.
12. Yummiest refined flour, refined sugar free, healthy muffins are ready. Devour with tea, coffee or a glass of milk. You can store the remaining pieces of cake in an airtight container and refrigerate.
Do not forget to try this recipe and leave in your comments.